Interest Owner Relations

At Extex, we take pride in delivering top-notch service to our interest owners. Our website offers a wealth of information and reports related to your interest owner account. Moreover, our Interest Owner Relations Group is always ready to assist you with any inquiries you may have. We encourage you to take advantage of our online system, or feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding your interest owner account.

We can be reached via e-mail at, via telephone at (713) 953-0824 Ext 120, or by written correspondence at:

Extex Operating Company
Attn: Land DO Group
1616 South Voss Rd., Suite 400
Houston, Texas 77057

Your questions and concerns can be handled more quickly if you provide us with the following information when you e-mail, call, or write:

1. Owner Number(s)
2. County and state where your property(ies) are located
3. Social Security or Tax I.D. Number

Please note that requests for changes to existing payment arrangements may require up to sixty (60) days for processing.

Please allow ten (10) business days to receive your check. If you have lost your check, call 713-273-7100 ext. 120 for assistance stopping payment and checking reissue. Please have the following information available when you call: (1) your name, (2) your owner number, and (3) your social security number.

Not at this time. Please ensure that your address is current or up-to-date with us.

Revenue payments are issued on the last business day of each month. A payment is issued when a balance of $100 or more has accumulated. Amounts greater than $1 but less than $100 are issued annually.

To transfer your royalty interest, you must provide Extex Operating Company with one (1) or more of the following documents:

  • Copy of recorded conveyance document
  • For mortgages/liens: copy of recorded document
  • For the release of mortgages/liens: copy of recorded release
  • For trusts: document appointing trustee and copy of recorded conveyance document.

Based on your information, a division order will be sent for execution. Please note that the documents above should be recorded in the state/county where the property is located.

A valid W-9 or W-8 form must be provided to us for reporting and identification purposes without a W-9 or W-8 form. All backup withholding is reported on your 1099 at year-end and is considered a payment to the IRS on your behalf. Royalty owners can report the withholding on their income tax returns at the end of the year.

This form summarizes your total Owner Gross amounts and tax withholdings for the previous year and is mailed by January 31.

Send an email to asking for a replacement 1099, with the owner's name, owner number, and last four digits of your social security number.

We provide electronic images of our statements of accounts to our joint interest owners and mineral owners. We utilize EnergyLink for ease of access to your JIB/Revenue statements as they become available. This tool helps our owners more efficiently receive and review their statements.

To obtain more information on how to enroll in this service, click on the EnergyLink logo. For questions regarding information required to sign up, please contact us at